This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 11 months ago by Aegir.

• Author
       Aegir
      Keymaster

Hi all, I have added the following functionalities in the Trails page:

1. New pins have been placed at key points along the trails, the categories used so far are:
        • Play sign = start of seatrek
        • Hiking = good hiking area or trail
        • Diver = good freediving, cave or snorkeling area or spot
        • Tent = suggested bivouacking spot
        • Water drop = water supply or source
        • Shopping cart = food supplies
        • Arrow down = warning or important note
      2. Pins are now clickable and will display some information as well as a direct link to the corresponding detailed Trail

You can only see and trial these improvements on France – Corsica – Bonifacio trail for now, until the others are enhanced with the same markers and notes. Go here to check it out: Trails

Let us know your comments and if you have any suggestions for change and improvements!

Aegir
      Keymaster

A new orange “Pause” icon has been added to identify trail being designed/planned by the community. Do not hesitate to send your trail plans to the admin team for inclusion in the trail map.

Martin

Hei!

I like the idea of having different markers displayed on the map – and them being clickable with extra info is also great.

I am aesthetically not convinced – currently there are a lot of strong and very different colors and I think that could be improved in the future. I completely agree that it’s not essential, though 🙂

One thing that could be nice to do now, would be to only display most markers starting from a certain close-up zoom level.

This makes sense: trail close up with markers

But the following are weird and mostly annoying:

zoomed out zoomed out further

Maybe that’s easily doable? WordPress? ;P

When clicking around, I noticed that the link inside the start pin is currently directing to a 404 Not Found page. Not sure what went wrong there – but being able to click from the trail start map marker right into the trail description is a great feature!

Thanks for the constant improvements 🙂

Aegir
      Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback Martin, it’s helpful, I will check the parameters of the associated WordPress (!) plugin and see if these things can be done.

Regarding the 404 error, I found the culprit, it was only affecting one trail (FR-Bonifacio), and I am happy to report it is now fixed!

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

Hi there! Feel free to contact the admin team about anything. Alternatively, send an inline private message on the website to admin/Aegir.

Sending

© 2022 - https://seatrekking.org

Translate »
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account